Rawhide nightly builds - last couple of days

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Tue Jan 25 14:28:23 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 15:15:55 +0100,
  peter_someone <dionysosjuenger at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hey everyone,
>
> just popping in to ask if anyone has been able to boot any of the last
> 3-5 nightly isos?
> Before that you had to drop out of gdm and X startx manually, install
> hal so liveinst would work etc but at least it booted. Now I only get
> unreadable signs after plymouth nad no reaction whatsoever to any input.

Yes (with the images on a usb drive). It sounds like hardware dependent video
issues from your description. That time frame is about when 2.6.38 landed,
so I wouldn't be too surprised that some hardware has problems. There have
been some usb issues when usb devices are put to sleep and don't properly
wake back up again.