What has happened to desktop icons in rawhide?

Matej Cepl mcepl at redhat.com
Tue Jan 25 16:28:14 UTC 2011

Dne 25.1.2011 11:41, Peter Robinson napsal(a):
> In terms of dependencies for gnome 3 you may be right but for every
> other part of the distribution you are completely wrong, at least on
> this space time continuum. There are quite a number of people fixing
> dependency problems and its attitudes like this that really piss me
> off.

Try that experiment with Rawhide (updating just individual packages when
you feel like you need more modern version of the particular pacakge;
the trick is never to run unqualified yum upgrade for whole system).

> for 3 or more years) to try and fix these issues so that is why I'm
> getting a little upset on the attitude.

Just to emphasize, I used to use Debian for many years, so I completely
don't agree with the level of brokeness all Fedora packages requirements
have IMHO.

> openoffice. There have been 10 updates @ 200Mb odd MB each for oo.o
> since the release of F-14 for such critical bugs as "background isn't
> transparent" [1] surely these could be bundled together once a month
> or so (I thought there was suppose to be a policy about this but I
> can't find it).

Fortunately, presto makes miracles about OpenOffice, but again only if
you regularly update complete distro.

Matěj