kernel in rawhide (f15) : crash

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Wed Jan 26 17:10:55 UTC 2011

On Wed, 26 Jan 2011 15:14:40 +0000
"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" <johannbg at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 01/26/2011 02:42 PM, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> > On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 13:49:41 +0000,
> >    "\"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson\""<johannbg at gmail.com>  wrote:
> >> Hum I'm not so sure releng is using koji repo for nightly spins I
> >> think they actually need to get pushed somewhere before they get
> >> picked up what I'm meaning is that when you build something in
> >> koji and that build was successful it will get pulled into on of
> >> the nightly spins for that day.
> > Just as a side note, releng isn't directly responsible for the
> > nightly composes, it's really under infrastructure. Kevin Fenzi
> > does most or all of the maintenance. I'm not sure who his backup is
> > for this.

Nightly composes are using rawhide currently.

So, the only difference between that and a koji static repo is that
it's been pushed out in a rawhide. Using koji static repos could result
in some spins using some bits and others using other bits as builds
landed, which I think could be confusing. Also, things that appear in
koji static repos might be broken to the point where they are untagged
and don't appear in rawhide the next day (see perl today), which might
result in some spins building and using them before they are untagged.

So, I think rawhide is the right thing to use. ;)

kevin