kernel-PAE-2.6.38.8-35 update problem

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Sat Jul 9 16:42:11 UTC 2011

On Sat, Jul 09, 2011 at 10:50:03 -0600,
  Petrus de Calguarium <pgueckel at gmail.com> wrote:

> What was going on here? Why did the initramfs not get created? Why is
> grub not updating grub.conf? Why were stage1 and stage 2 of grub not
> in sync (or whatever it was)? Why can I not install grub using grub-
> install (but I can using the grub shell)?

You might want to make a comment for the update at:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/kernel-2.6.38.8-35.fc15?_csrf_token=3671000d8fce8d1a92d1ea034a714356e84da806

I did see some odd behavior similar to yours on one machine, but had recently
done some other stuff that might have impacted stuff in /boot in such a
way as to cause problems, so I didn't report it.

During the yum update it was noted that one of the scripts failed.