Validation testing extension: security and base testing

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Jul 13 00:38:38 UTC 2011

Hey, folks. Today's validation testing extension day: I've put the base
validation process into 'production', and Athmane's done the same for
the security lab spin validation process. Changes involve the SOP:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/SOP_Release_Validation_Test_Event

the new templates themselves:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Base_validation_results_template
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Security_Lab_validation_results_template

and for Base validation, I added a test plan page:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Base_validation_testing

I also did a bit of clean up on the SOP and some categorization on all
the release validation related pages, to make them a bit more orderly.
There are now categories for desktop validation and base validation, as
well as the previously-existing install validation category:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Category:Base_validation_testing
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Category:Desktop_validation_testing
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Category:Install_Test

and there's a master 'release validation' category:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Category:Release_validation

I tried to put all appropriate pages into the appropriate categories.

Let me know if anything looks off! But I think we now have everything in
place so that the new base and security spin validation tests will be
incorporated into the usual testing process once the TCs and RCs start
landing. Thanks to everyone who contributed!
IRC: adamw