Any hope for system-config-services ?

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.net
Thu Jul 21 16:51:59 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-07-21 at 09:43 -0400, Richard Ryniker wrote:
> It would be more accurate to say "The current Fedora releases are not
> typically used as servers."  I expect many are like me and use an older
> Fedora release on servers:  F9 in my case, because it does its job well
> and any limitations do not impair its function.
>
> It seems perfectly reasonable to expect, with another turn or two of the
> Fedora crank, that services will be easier to configure with systemd,
> systemctl, or whatever.

I run Fedora as a *personal* server at home since it's inception, and
before that with Red Hat Linux.  Yea it's home use, such as
email/file/ftp/www/nfs but it works and works well.  Albeit not a level
as a business but it does work.

And to configure a service on it or if want to use a mini gui, I just
type *setup*  and go to the System Services and there I can
enable/disable them as I please.  Otherwise I use CLI for individual
basis issues/problems/whatever.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY