kernel-3.0-0.rc1.git0.2.fc16.x86_64

Kyle McMartin kyle at mcmartin.ca
Sat Jun 4 02:29:25 UTC 2011

On Fri, Jun 03, 2011 at 06:56:29PM -0700, Rob Healey wrote:
> dracut: Warning: No root device: "block: /dev/mapper/vg_compdude-lv_root"
> found
>
> dracut: Warning: LVM vg_compdude/ lv_root found
>                                                              / lv_swap found

I have no idea why it's not finding your root device with 2.6.39, I
suspect somehow you ended up with a broken initrd and should regenerate
that and try. It's working for most other people, though 3.0 is broken
because naive userspace software assumes a two digit version number,
so just please be patient, and if you're not prepared for dealing
and debugging breakage yourself, please just use a release.

Could you also please keep mails on-list? I don't have time to answer
personal questions, and the answers are not beneficial to others.

regards, Kyle