F15 "services" can't enable nfs or vsftpd

Genes MailLists lists at sapience.com
Wed Jun 8 19:29:50 UTC 2011

On 06/08/2011 02:35 PM, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
> On 06/08/2011 05:36 PM, Genes MailLists wrote:
>> The bug is still outstanding after more than 8 months .. it was briefly
>> closed in March 2011 when one reporter could not reproduce it using a
>> rawhide version of systemd - but re-opened in april. It remains assigned
>> and open for F15 best I can tell.
>
> I'm not sure about this that sendmail bug was filed against F14 and we

   Please just read the bugzilla I referenced ...

   [For historical reference, systemd was originally
planned/hoped/pushed to go into F14 as the default init - both sys v
init and systemd were however installed and available for testing.

  But the decision to have systemd be the default init was decayed by
FESCO at the last minute before F14 went final, because of bugs. And it
was decided to delay to F15 for systemd to be made the default init
daemon. Which is what happened.]

> did not introduce it systemd until now in F15 and sendmail was running
> just fine on my desktop after reboot so I was unable to duplicate it.
>
> And starting and stopping the sysv init script works just fine

  Yes - it works fine to start by hand - the bug is that it fails to
start at boot. YMMV. Thats why some are starting in rc.local after the
machine is up and running.

  Its all in the bugzilla for you to peruse and enjoy.