Fedora 15 QA retrospective - feedback requested

James Laska jlaska at redhat.com
Fri Jun 17 18:16:56 UTC 2011

Greetings,

I'd like to draw attention to the QA retrospective wiki page, and
initial draft of recommendations, for Fedora 15.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_15_QA_Retrospective#Recommendations

During the release, some of you have been documenting issues (good +
bad) as they happen.  We have a healthy list of feedback so far, so
thank you for all the data.

With the feedback collected so far, I drafted a set of recommendations
for review.  I'd like to spend some time at our next meeting reviewing
the recommendations, and figuring out how to proceed.

Of course, if something is missing, dive right in and add your feedback.
Here are some  leading questions to encourage contributions ...
     1. Were you able to participate in any Fedora 15 Alpha, Beta or
        Final test runs?
     2. What worked well, what prevented you from participating, were
        instructions clear?
     3. What worked (or didn't work) well about Fedora Test Days this
        release?
     4. Have you signed up as a proventester, was the process well
        defined?  Is it understood what is expected of proventesters?
     5. Are you a maintainer, why do you think your critpath updates
        haven't been tested?  What could you do to encourage more
        testing of your proposed updates?
     6. Did you escalate any bugs for consideration as
        {Alpha,Beta,Final} release Blockers?  Why not?  Was the process
        well documented and did it make sense?
     7. Did you attend or contribute to any Fedora blocker meetings?
        Why not?  What did you like, dislike?  What prevented you from
        participating?
     8. Did you use or contribute to
        http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Common_F15_bugs?
     9. Unlimited time and resource ... what do you think the the QA
        team should focus on for Fedora 16 and beyond </pony>

Thanks,
James