Mock/pungi build failure - help please? - Solved

mike cloaked mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 07:41:43 UTC 2011

On Sun, Jun 19, 2011 at 8:49 PM, Genes MailLists <lists at sapience.com> wrote:

>> By the way the same technique used to build an i386 f15 install iso
>> worked fine for me in my f14 build machine, so I did not alter the
>> basic technique between the two.
>>
>> I am puzzled getting the failed build - if anyone else is doing 64 bit
>> builds can you say if you need any additional particular packages
>> installed either in the build machine or in the mock chroot before the
>> build will succeed?
>
>   I have similar problem building 64 bit f15 on 64 bit f14. I can build
> 64 bit F14 no problem ... it fails for F15 tho - with updates.

I have solved this issue - the problem was that I left out several key
bind mount lines in the .cfg file - these are not in the files I
pulled from git but are highlighted in a Fedora wiki page where for 64
bit builds it suggests including the following lines:

config_opts['plugin_conf']['bind_mount_enable'] = True
config_opts['plugin_conf']['bind_mount_opts']['dirs'].append(('/dev','/dev/'))
config_opts['plugin_conf']['bind_mount_opts']['dirs'].append(('/dev/pts','/dev/pts/'))
config_opts['plugin_conf']['bind_mount_opts']['dirs'].append(('/dev/shm','/dev/shm/'))

Once I did that and rebuilt the mock chroot then the build proceeded
normally and produced good isos - so now I can do my own 64 bit f15
spins so I'm happy now!

--
mike c