gnome-shell in fc15...

Clyde E. Kunkel clydekunkel7734 at cox.net
Wed Mar 2 02:45:12 UTC 2011

On 03/01/2011 08:15 PM, Rob Healey wrote:
> Greetings and good evening!
>
> I would like to know if there has been a globally accepted fix for the
> gnome-shell and gdm problem of either not working or the flashing gdm
> problems yet???
>
> I would love to be able to be using gnome-shell once again???

Try updating your system with the following from koji:

accountsservice-0.6.4-3.fc15.x86_64.rpm
accountsservice-libs-0.6.4-3.fc15.x86_64.rpm
dbus-1.4.6-1.fc15.x86_64.rpm
dbus-devel-1.4.6-1.fc15.x86_64.rpm
dbus-libs-1.4.6-1.fc15.x86_64.rpm
dbus-x11-1.4.6-1.fc15.x86_64.rpm
gobject-introspection-0.10.3-1.fc15.x86_64.rpm
gsettings-desktop-schemas-0.1.7-2.fc15.noarch.rpm
upower-0.9.8-3.fc15.x86_64.rpm
upower-devel-0.9.8-3.fc15.x86_64.rpm

Then update your system from updates-testing.

Not all of the above may be needed, but they don't hurt.

Doing the above got me working again--as well as stripping my home
directory of all things gnome (careful there, backup so you can get back
pics, music, docs, downloads, bookmarks, etc, just in case).

Good luck.

--
Regards,
OldFart