gdm-2.91.93-1.fc15.x86_64

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 07:35:44 UTC 2011

On 03/09/2011 05:53 AM, Rob Healey wrote:
> To those of you who have not updated to gnome-2.91.91:
>
> I would exclude the gdm package as it would not allow me to log back
> into my computer either as normal or root user!
>
> The update will continue without the gdm package!
>
> If you can get it to work, would you please post back so that I may do so?

The root user has been disabled from being able to log in for several
release cycles now so that comes as a no surprise but it would be good
if you provided link to your bug report next time along with you heads
up so other reporters could cc themselves on that report encase they
encountered it the same bug as you did.

It's my personal opinion that "others" along with "language" and
"session" selection should be hidden in {G,K,L}DM from my experience it
only confuses novice end users.

Advanced/Experienced users should just have to enable manually if they
use it.

JBG