F15 alpha problem.

James Laska jlaska at redhat.com
Wed Mar 16 11:30:04 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-03-16 at 12:09 +0100, Erik P. Olsen wrote:
> I've just installed F15 alpha in a virtualbox machine and at the first boot I
> get a gnome 3 error explaining that it can't be fully initialised because 3D is
> not supported. I don't know if this is the cause to my problem, which is:

GNOME3 is not expected to work in virtualized environments where
hardware accelerated graphics are not available.

> I add a launcher (mc) to the panel and when I click on it nothing happens. I
> can't even shut the system down, I have to power off. Now after booting again
> the system behaves normally, I can launch mc without problems. But when I add
> another launcher to the panel same thing happens, I have to power off and reboot
> to activate the panel launchers. Is this a known problem?

First, make sure your system is fully updated.  Good news, it sounds
like you have a fairly consistent reproducer.  Can you start a terminal
and attempt to run mc (or any newly added launcher)?  Do any errors
present in $HOME/.xsession-errors when you experience the problem?

Thanks,
James