New BugZapper Introduction - Vivek Srivastava

James Laska jlaska at redhat.com
Wed Mar 16 19:16:28 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-03-15 at 23:59 +0530, Vivek Srivastava wrote:
> *
>
>  Hello Fedora Community ,
>
> *
>
>   I am *Vivek Srivastava* currently doing bachelor of technology course in
> computer science,India.I have done various
>
>   projects related to web development ,systems programming and testing .
>
>   I would like to thank  all fedora contributors for creating such a great
> product.I have been using fedora since 9th version
>
>  and also used other Linux distributions.I thought it to be better for me to
> join fedora as a technical contributor so that
>
>  I can enhance my skills and also contribute to  fedora project for
>  building an enterprise stable software.
>
>  These  are some of my projects which I built during my curriculum that I
> would like to mention:
>
> * *
>
>     *Projects:*
>
> *
> *
>
> 1. Name : *Intranet Security Testing*
>
>     Role   : Programming,testing and security analysis
>
> 2. Name : *http://www.friendlane.com*
>
>     Platform : Php,Mysql,Apache,Linux
>
> 3. Name : *http://www.ijrimsec.com*
>
>     Platform : Php,Mysql,Apache , Linux
>
>     Description : *International Journal Of Research (ISSN NO:
> 0976-8211,Journal Name - VIVECHAN**).*
>
> *    I also worked on Cadastral Mapping System using ArcGIS technology
> during my internship.*
>
>     I am experienced using C programming and also familiar with system
> administration .
>
>      Thanks a lot to this wonderful community for accepting me as a
> contributor to fedora project.
>
>     As my signature I am also sending my contact details ,So if any one
> wishes to contact me ,I am just few
>
>     packets away.

Hello Vivek!

Good to hear from you and thanks for reaching out to Fedora QA.  In
addition to assisting with triage of incoming bugs [1], there are
numerous QA activities [2] to get involved in.  Fedora test days [3] and
release validation [4] are two tangible activities that come to mind,
and offer a variety of topics.  Lastly, with your C and web-development
skills, you may be interested in getting involved in the test automation
project: AutoQA [5].  Hopefully, you'll be able to find a topic of
interest among these activities.

Outside of BugZappers, test events and AutoQA, the next best thing is
just to get involved on test at lists.fedoraproject.org.  Ask questions,
offer solutions, share test experiences.  The best way to get involved
is to start.

Thanks,
James

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugZappers