Who are QA?

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 19:09:41 UTC 2011

There was a recent topic raised on [1] with regards it was difficult to
find information how Fedora is governed and there has been lot of QA
decided this QA voted that in our history which may look confusing to
outsiders and our own community since QA has never have voted any QA
board to handle any decision making which kinda makes our community more
or less self governed and sometimes it happens that those decisions are
taken off list and off QA meetings .

There are of course people in employment from Red Hat that are paid full
time to work in the QA community as there are other Red Hat employs paid
to work in other aspects of the Fedora project which in turns begs
question who actually hold any kind of authority over any kind of
decision making within the QA community.

Do we want/need to vote a QA board/SIG that will handle that decision
making in the future or would listing of those individuals with some
kind of authority/decision/ruling power from the QA community on the QA
wiki page suffice or perhaps something else?

What do new/recently joined members of our community have to say about
this for example do you feel it's confusing when joining QA?

JBG

[1]
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/advisory-board/2011-March/010584.html