Interesting Feedback From a New Tester

Tim Flink tflink at redhat.com
Fri Mar 25 19:53:52 UTC 2011

I took part in an interesting discussion in #fedora-qa today with
someone who was new to Fedora (coming from Ubuntu) and interested in
testing.

He (I assume he, will use for consistancy) came to the alpha download
page on fedoraproject.org [1], tried to use and install the alpha and
ran into some problems. Apparently, he tried to ask questions in #fedora
and got some gruff "no alpha stuff here" comments before finding #fedora-qa.

I looked at the alpha download page, and there is no reference to qa, no
reference to newer images and nothing about directing questions to test@
or #fedora-qa.

I'm not sure if this is the right place, but I propose that we add some
additional information to that page [1]. At the very least, a sentence
or two about where to direct questions about the alpha and "if you're
interested in testing, see ____ page" which points to new information
(maybe the QA or QA/Join wiki pages?).

This should at least stem some of the alpha related questions coming
into #fedora and hopefully us find some more people who are interested
in testing, too!

Thoughts?

Tim

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/get-prerelease