How to debug plymouth?

Ian Pilcher arequipeno at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 02:46:31 UTC 2011

For some reason, plymouth is not displaying a graphical boot theme on my
newly installed (Fedora 15 Alpha) system -- despite the fact that kernel
modesetting works just fine.

How can I debug this?

I've tried booting with "plymouth:debug" on the kernel command line, but
I still don't see anything useful /var/log/boot.log, /var/log/messages,
or the output of dmesg.

This is a new Sandy Bridge system with "Intel HD graphics", BTW, but
that shouldn't matter as long as kernel modesetting works, right?

Thanks!