Proposed release criteria revisions

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Mon Mar 28 22:32:38 UTC 2011

> Hey, all. I'm currently poking at the release criteria to try and
> address a few issues that have come up during blocker meetings. I have
> drafts of revised versions of all three pages up:

So aside from the long sidetrack, I didn't get any negative feedback on
these, so I plan to push them soon.

I'd like to propose one additional change. I'd like to extend this Beta
criterion:

"The installer must be able to successfully complete an upgrade
installation from a clean, fully updated default installation of the
previous stable Fedora release, either via preupgrade or by booting to
the installer manually "

To read:

"The installer must be able to successfully complete an upgrade
installation from a clean, fully updated default installation of the
previous stable Fedora release, either via preupgrade or by booting to
the installer manually. The upgraded system must meet all release
criteria"

to make it clear that we want upgraded systems to work to the same level
as new installs, we don't just want the upgrade process to succeed.

Sound okay? thanks!