claws-mail hosed in today's Rawhide

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 15:08:13 UTC 2011

On Tue, 29 Mar 2011 07:54:10 -0600, Jonathan wrote:

> 	[Repeat after me: "never jump into daily rawhide updates in the
> 	hope that they'll fix the things that broke yesterday"]
>
> What broke today is claws-mail.  It reads mail just fine, and will happily
> let you put time into composing messages, but it is totally unable to send
> them.  Clicks on the "send" button are apparently ignored.  Hitting
> "draft" yields a helpful dialog saying "Can't save draft" and no more.
> I've had to run screaming to an older version...

Interesting, because Claws Mail has not been updated. It has only been
rebuilt in Rawhide and F-15:

  Changelog
  * Sun Mar 27 2011 Christopher Aillon - 3.7.8-7
  - Rebuild against NetworkManager 0.9

http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=1474

Of course, that could mean that the F-15 rebuild also suffers from the
same issues you've mentioned. The related mass-update of packages is
this: https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/search/claws-mail

Dunno how usable Rawhide is currently, because (if at all) most package
devs play with F-15 Branched and updates-testing.