F15 BETA.TC1 experiences

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Wed Mar 30 19:46:00 UTC 2011

On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 08:44:00PM +0200, Johan Scheepers wrote:
> On 30/03/2011 19:50, Adam Williamson wrote:

> > Selecting the NTP checkbox during firstboot should probably bring up a
> > network connection if one isn't already up, though.
> Kindly please provide me with the web address where I may find this

Blah, I realized I gave bogus information before--I didn't mean that NTP
brought up the network, only that the network was up.  I misread what
Adam had written, interpreting it as If the network is up, NTP will
work.  Apologies to any who were confused.

It looks as if, from this one test install, as if adding the user to
admin users automatically adds them to wheel, and that in /etc/sudoers,
wheel is already able to execute all commands (whereas in the past, that
line was commented out.)  Was that just an oddity, or is it by design?

(I can see it being a good idea to stop confusing Ubuntu migrants, but
it's one of those bikeshed things that will probably cause 100 post
threads.)   :)

To pick a nit, I think xterm should be in the default install.  Anyway,
again, (I think I said this), it basically looks pretty smooth.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Buffy: Besides, it's kind of my job.
Spike: For now.
Buffy: What, you want me to stop working?
Spike: Well, let's see - do I want you to give up killing my friends?
Yeah, I've given it some thought.