F15 BETA.TC1 experiences

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Thu Mar 31 03:59:33 UTC 2011

On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 07:27:24AM +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> On 03/31/2011 03:20 AM, Jared K. Smith wrote:
> > On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 3:46 PM, Scott Robbins <scottro at nyc.rr.com> wrote:
> >> It looks as if, from this one test install, as if adding the user to
> >> admin users automatically adds them to wheel, and that in /etc/sudoers,
> >> wheel is already able to execute all commands (whereas in the past, that
> >> line was commented out.)  Was that just an oddity, or is it by design?
> > >From what (little?) I understand, it's by design.
>
> I can confirm it is,  It should really should have gone through the
> feature process but noone bothered to do one and it is going to take
> some extra time to get it documented in the release notes as a result of
> this but I fully intend to followup when I can.

Thanks for the confirmation.  Actually, I think many Fedora users are
people who come from Ubuntu and its offshoots, so this will probably
avoid some confusion.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Buffy: Well, that works out great. You won't tell anyone
that I'm the Slayer, and I won't tell anyone you're a moron.