[Test-Announce] Fedora 15 Final Release Candidate 1 (RC1) Available Now!

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu May 12 16:13:46 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-05-12 at 10:14 -0400, James Laska wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-05-12 at 06:48 -0400, Kamil Paral wrote:
> > > As per the Fedora 15 schedule [1], Fedora 15 Final Release Candidate 1
> > > (RC1) is now available for testing. Please see the following pages for
> > > download links and testing instructions.
> > >
> > > Installation:
> > >
> > > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Current_Installation_Test
> > >
> > > Desktop:
> > >
> > > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Current_Desktop_Test
> >
> > It seems that Live images are often provided later than the
> > DVD/netinst image. Is that intentional? What's the ETA?
>
> I don't have an ETA, they are expected to arrive at the same time.
>
> https://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng/ticket/4699

well, rel-eng usually spins dvd/netinst first, followed by lives, so
they do arrive a little later. But the bigger issue for rc1 is we're
having mysterious problems composing lives, they seem to not boot at all
when they're composed...and we know rc1 is DOA anyway and there will be
an rc2, so it's better to try and figure out the bugs for rc2 live
compose than do a pointless rc1 live compose.