Somebody hosed grub.conf

Jóhann B. Guðmundsson johannbg at gmail.com
Thu May 12 18:47:56 UTC 2011

2011/5/12 "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" <johannbg at gmail.com>

> On 05/12/2011 05:52 PM, Jonathan Corbet wrote:
>
>> So I went to boot my rawhide system the other day, only to notice that
>> none of the usual fedora kernel options were there.  I've long since had
>> my own kernels there, of course, and those have not been touched - but
>> somebody cleared out all of the Fedora options from grub.conf.
>>

> For all those kernels ( not just the latest entry )?

Anywho it most likely was caused by a post-install script failure.

you can try to see if you can duplicate it by adding kernel parameters to
grub then remove/install again the kernels you have installed.

Also check logs for any selinux msg if enabled which might be potentially
have blocked the post install script.

JBG