My Fedora 15 beta experiences so far

Genes MailLists lists at sapience.com
Sat May 14 05:51:33 UTC 2011

On 05/13/2011 11:47 PM, Angel wrote:

> Go to Activities and then search by the keyword ¨network¨. Now from the
> search result click Network Connections. This is the old nm-applet of
> Gnome 2.
>
> If you click the network icon of the panel then Network Settings, that´s
> the different thing (dumbed down to absolute worthlessness).

  Thanks for explaining that ...

  Though honestly, its a bit hard to  imagine how this adds clarity and
simplicity ...

  Perhaps we should remove all configuration tools (users are not smart
enough to change things anyway, they only mess it up after all) - and
have just one button labelled

  'Your Computer - Make it work better how you want it - Click here'.

  Clicking it will produce an empty window with just a simple message:

   "I've made it better - have a lovely day -  the Gnome Acme Gooey
Interface Team (GAG-IT)"

  :-) <=== smiley alert