[Test-Announce] Fedora 15 Final Release is declared GOLD!

Robyn Bergeron rbergero at redhat.com
Tue May 17 22:23:13 UTC 2011

At the Fedora 15 Final Go/No-Go meeting today, the Fedora 15 Final
Release was declared GOLD and ready for release on May 24, 2011.

Please note that the Fedora 15 Release Wide Readiness Meeting will take
place on Thursday at 19:00 UTC (3 PM Eastern/ 12 PM Pacific) on
irc.freenode.net in #fedora-meeting.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Release_Readiness_Meetings

Thanks to everyone for doing your part to get Fedora 15 out the door! :)

#fedora-meeting: Fedora 15 Go or No go Meeting
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Go_No_Go_Meeting

Meeting started by rbergeron at 21:00:33 UTC. The full logs are
available at
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2011-05-17/fedora_15_go_or_no_go_meeting.2011-05-17-21.00.log.html

.

Meeting summary
---------------
* Who's here?  (rbergeron, 21:00:54)

* Why are we here?  (rbergeron, 21:02:11)
   * The purpose of this meeting is to decide whether the final release
     criteria have been met  (rbergeron, 21:02:30)
   * LINK:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_15_Final_Release_Criteria
     (rbergeron, 21:02:50)

* To Go, or Not to Go? That is the question.  (rbergeron, 21:03:51)
   * LINK: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Current_Release_Blockers
     (rbergeron, 21:04:16)
   * the four proposed blockers are not blockers, per yesterday's QA
     meeting.  (rbergeron, 21:07:04)
   * AGREED: We are technically blocker free.  (rbergeron, 21:09:57)

* Test Matrices  (rbergeron, 21:10:13)
   * LINK:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Fedora_15_Final_RC3_Desktop
     (rbergeron, 21:10:48)
   * LINK:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Fedora_15_Final_RC3_Install
     (rbergeron, 21:11:10)
   * We will be composing a sugar live image late with some
     sugar-specific fixes pulled in.  (rbergeron, 21:12:49)
   * Only desktop and KDE can block the release.  (rbergeron, 21:13:03)
   * AGREED: Test matrices are acceptable for a go.  (rbergeron,
     21:13:45)

* Rel-eng  (rbergeron, 21:14:11)

* FESCo/Devel  (rbergeron, 21:15:14)

* GOLD?  (rbergeron, 21:16:31)
   * AGREED: Fedora 15 is declared gold. shipit!  (rbergeron, 21:18:09)

* open floor  (rbergeron, 21:18:48)
   * Thanks to the systemd and gnome/desktop guys as both groups did a
     lot of work to get those large features working well.  (rbergeron,
     21:19:30)
   * and Thanks! to everyone else as well!  (rbergeron, 21:19:36)
   * ACTION: rbergeron to send out GOLD email to the lists  (rbergeron,
     21:19:58)
   * Please note there is a readiness meeting on Thursday, email has been
     sent to logistics list as well as attendees needed to be present.
     (rbergeron, 21:20:21)

Meeting ended at 21:22:46 UTC.

Action Items
------------
* rbergeron to send out GOLD email to the lists

Action Items, by person
-----------------------
* rbergeron
   * rbergeron to send out GOLD email to the lists
* **UNASSIGNED**
   * (none)

People Present (lines said)
---------------------------