Release criteria updates: desktop question

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed May 18 00:21:57 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-05-18 at 00:13 +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
> On 05/18/2011 12:07 AM, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
> > I would take it to FESCO.
>
> Fesco it is.
>
> I will post the relevant ticket once I've filed it to this threat for
> other from QA community ( and any other interested party ) to cc
> themselves upon choose they to do so.
>
> Thanks.

FESCo, and I believe spins sig also believes it should have a say.

QA does indeed provide services to the entire distro, but our
responsibility is to provide the best QA we can for the things the
project considers a) vital and then b) important, not to _define_ what
the project considers vital and important. We can provide advice - for
instance, if FESCo were to propose that every desktop ever could block
the release, we might advise that it was likely to be very difficult to
provide reasonable testing coverage for that - but we don't ultimately
have the right to take the decision. If FESCo ultimately chose to go
ahead anyway it would be our responsibility to do the best job we could
with QAing every desktop in Fedora, but when we inevitably failed, we
could point out that we'd told 'em so. =)