My Fedora 15 beta experiences so far

James Laska jlaska at redhat.com
Mon May 23 16:35:27 UTC 2011

On Sun, 2011-05-22 at 18:34 -0400, Tom Horsley wrote:
> On Sun, 22 May 2011 14:43:07 -0700
> Adam Williamson wrote:
>
> > That's not accurate. The entry 'Network Settings...' at the bottom of
> > the network applet menu launches the control center Network applet,
>
> But if you install from a DVD, the network is not touched during
> install, so there is no ifcfg-* file created, and without such a
> file existing, that option is disabled (which makes no sense, it
> should always be enabled so you can create a new one).

I just completed a F-15 DVD install (no online repos enabled) on
baremetal.  After installation and boot-up, the network is not enabled
(as expected).  When I click the NM icon in GNOME3, and turn 'on' wired
networking, a network connection is established.

I'm also able to select 'Options...' for the wired NIC, and check '[X]
Connect Automatically' so subsequent boots/logins enable networking.

Thanks,
James