The system network services are not compatible with this version.

Frederic Muller fred at cm17.com
Sat May 28 10:25:16 UTC 2011

On 05/28/2011 03:00 PM, Michal Jaegermann wrote:
> On Sat, May 28, 2011 at 02:14:36PM +0800, Frederic Muller wrote:
>>
>> It just happened with the latest pushed update of NetworkManager (I
>> updated this morning) on a clean F15 system (not an upgraded one).
>> Service is started (as opposed to cited bug above) and I have tried to
>> downgrade the 3 packages that were upgraded but since there is no
>> connectivity I can't.
>
> Is that really something which would bar you from configuring your
> network connection by yourself using 'ip'?  I understand that you
> would like NM to work but at this moment you are trying to recover
> from a dead end.  Alternatively you can boot "rescue" from your
> installation media, which presumably will bring up a network
> connection, and adjust installed packages from there.
>
>     Michal

Dear Michal,

I am just asking for some pointers. I am unfortunately far from home
(read 'on a business trip') and do not have my installation media with
me. How unfortunate!

What are my other options?

I'll try fixed IP as well and see how this goes.

(also note that we're talking "stable F15" - should I be surprised that
this kind of things can happen on the release version? I personally
don't mind so much and was thinking to go back to rawhide... the irony
;-) ).

Else I'll check if I have a USB key in my bag somewhere and can
regenerate the install media for rescue mode.

no matter what thanks for giving me some pointers, sometimes it seems my
brain panics for no reason.

Fred