lots of uninstallable updates in Rawhide

Michal Jaegermann michal at harddata.com
Fri Nov 4 16:18:38 UTC 2011

On Thu, Nov 03, 2011 at 11:21:08PM -0500, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 03, 2011 at 22:08:58 +0000,
>   Andre Robatino <robatino at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> > For weeks, I had around 50 uninstallable updates in Rawhide. A few days ago that
> > jumped to over 100.
>
> Some of it is due to an evolution-data-server update. Things aren't all
> rebuilding.

Quite possibly even more packages are blocked by rhythmbox if you
have that installed.  It requires libcogl.so.2 and a missing update
at this point causes failed dependencies all over the place.  This
is like that for quite a while now so the simplest workaround is to
unistall rhythmbox for the time beeing.

There are other packages which want to see libcogl.so.2 but they
seem to be less prominent.

    Michal