[Test-Announce] 2011-11-07 @ 15:00 UTC - Fedora QA Meeting

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Mon Nov 7 08:53:48 UTC 2011

On Mon, 2011-11-07 at 03:25 -0500, Kamil Paral wrote:
> > WHAT: Fedora QA Meeting
> > WHEN: 15:00 UTC (12:00 EST, 09:00 PST)
> > WHERE: #fedora-meeting
> >
> > It's meeting time again! It's the first meeting of the post-Fedora 16
> > era, so time to dust off anything you've been sitting on through the
> > release crunch. Also note that clocks went back in North America
> > today,
> > but we do not change the meeting time, so it may be an hour later for
> > you now. I don't know where else in the world the clock change
> > happened,
> > but if it changed for you this weekend, remember the meeting's an
> > hour
> > later.
>
> I am sooo confused every time the clock changes. But you were given
> one extra hour during the night, and UTC doesn't move, that means the
> meeting should be one hour earlier for you. Using the time converter
> it says 10 AM for New York and 7 AM for Vancouver.
>
> I remember that we always changed our meeting time when summer/winter
> time was adjusted in USA. That would imply going for 16:00 UTC during
> the winter. Hey, I don't complain, the current situation is better for
> me. But it might not be ideal for you :)
>
> If there are key characters missing at the meeting today (and provided
> that my math was correct), we might delay the meeting for one hour.

Gah. You're right, on all counts. The time change would make the meeting
an hour *earlier* not an hour later, and last year we *did* change it in
winter to 1600 UTC. I was referring to the Wiki page which doesn't
mention this; maybe we should update it.

So following last year's precedent, let's do the meeting at 1600 UTC
until the clocks change again. I'll send out an updated meeting
announcement. Thanks!