Remote Installation Testing System Proposal

JB jb.1234abcd at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 15:22:38 UTC 2011

Tim Flink <tflink <at> redhat.com> writes:

> This came up in the QA meeting on Monday and I've put together a
> proposal to create a minimal system as a trial.
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Tflink/remote_installation_testing_proposal

A virtual test system (also with access via Internet) is an excellent idea.

I hope that you can not only select an iso to create a private VM, but then
also will be allowed to "yum install|remove|..." on top of it ?

If so, it would be good to have (actually you will need it as you will see)
some VM hosts system management entries to administer, manage, clear, watch,
debug VM hosts and Internet access and security issues, some available to
virtual test system admin, others to users/testers.
And that means you will be required to provide 24/7/365 virtual test system
coverage.

JB