No more cpuspeed in F16

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Nov 17 21:30:56 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-11-17 at 22:21 +0100, drago01 wrote:

> >> Huh? ... Which vendor was that? (To add to my "not buy from" list ;) )
> >
> > Mine was a Lenovo (not a Thinkpad), but as Smooge says, this is pretty
> > much standard practice.
>
> Apparently too many customers just accept that but I wouldn't. I can
> run my HP as long as I want (full load) the fan spins up but it
> doesn't overheat.

It varies a lot; it's not as if _every_ model shipped has an overheating
problem. It's usually the slimmer, lighter weight ones that have issues
- your average 15", 5 pound slabbook will likely be fine as there's
enough spare space to get decent cooling in there. But if you happen to
get a model which has issues, the manufacturer likely isn't going to
consider it something you deserve to get fixed.