Nouveau problem in F-16

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Nov 24 21:22:29 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-11-24 at 22:09 +0100, antonio wrote:
> Adam Williamson ha scritto / said the following    il giorno/on
> 24/11/2011 21:55:
> > On Thu, 2011-11-24 at 15:45 -0500, ergodic wrote:
> >> I guess I will stay with F-15 until F-17 alpha is available.
> >> F16 is the first Fedora I had to skip.
> > If you report the bug, with appropriate details - see
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_debug_Xorg_problems - it's
> > entirely possible we could fix it with an F16 update.
> maybe, but nouveau driver for F16 has not been updated since its first
> release, far less than F-17, that has not yet been released. Funny.... :-(

There's actually not a whole lot of very interesting code in the
xorg-x11-drv-nouveau package itself any more, since the great KMS
change. A lot of the interesting code is now in the kernel (or, for 3D
stuff, in the mesa-dri-drivers package).

I'd say it's about 60/40 that a fix for ergodic's issue would be in the
kernel, not in xorg-x11-drv-nouveau.