Two things still broken on FC16 for me

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.net
Thu Oct 13 17:04:47 UTC 2011

> On Wed, 2011-10-12 at 14:20 -0800, Erinn Looney-Triggs wrote:
>
> > Cool, well glad to see that is being dealt with. No takers for the GDM
> > problem?
>
> Not sure about that one, haven't seen it on either of my systems. They
> both log me in successfully every time.

The one thing that I ran into yesterday when doing some test builds, was
when creating a user I tried to use a specific UID in 500 (due to things
on my server side) and it caused problems in kdm or gdm.  Once I did an
install and used the default of 1000 (changed things on my server side
to match and for future upgrade) then things seemed to work as should.
Although the only thing I didn't test was gdm, as I am using KDE and
didn't do another install to see what would happen on the gdm/gnome side
with default user.

If your upgrading then maybe there is a problem since using older #'s,
then again might be something else totally different.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"The best town on Earth!"