vlc and rtsp-videos in F16?

Joachim Backes joachim.backes at rhrk.uni-kl.de
Wed Oct 26 06:34:37 UTC 2011

On 10/25/2011 08:15 PM, Nicolas Chauvet wrote:
> 2011/10/25 Roy Six <royxis at gmail.com>:

>>> Joachim, I just tested your file with the following vlc package in
>>> Fedora 16 alpha:
>>>
>>> vlc.i686 0:1.1.11-1.fc16
>>>
>>> The file played fine with no error message shown from VLC.
>>>
>>> After doing yum update vlc to the latest package (the same as you reported):
>>>
>>> vlc.i686 0:1.1.12-1.fc16
>>>
>>> Can you contact whoever maintains the vlc package for Fedora to let them
>>> know about this?
>>>
>>> Roy Six
>>
>> Sorry, I forgot to say, I also got the same error after doing the update to
>> vlc.i686 0:1.1.12-1.fc16
>
> Hello,
>
> Can you attach the output of vlc --list |grep real ?

vlc --list |grep real
VLC media player 1.1.12 The Luggage (revision exported)
  realvideo              RealVideo library decoder
  real                   Real demuxer
  access_realrtsp        Real RTSP

> Does running this command run as root cure something ?

sudo vlc-wrapper .... : same error message!

> /usr/lib64/vlc/vlc-cache-gen -f /usr/lib64/vlc

Same error message when running vlc after the above cmd.

> Nicolas (kwizart)

Kind regards

Joachim Backes <joachim.backes at rhrk.uni-kl.de>

http://www.rhrk.uni-kl.de/~backes