Some notes from fallback mode

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 21:05:28 UTC 2011

On Thu, 22 Sep 2011 14:14:42 -0600, JC (Jonathan) wrote:

> 3) Speaking of claws, the current Rawhide version remains hosed.  It has
> the old pop-under and focus problems that got fixed earlier this year,

In one of your older threads I've told you before that I cannot reproduce
that. Dunno whether Andreas can reproduce it, but without anyone opening
a bugzilla ticket about it, it's very easy to forget about it. It may
even be specific to Rawhide (or the package set you've installed), a
target not many people are following currently due to Fedora 16
development. IMO, it could be much more productive if you also
evaluated Fedora 16 development instead of Fedora 17 development.

> and
> a number of the plugin packages are a rev behind and no longer work.

Confirmed. This seems to be possible due to a missing dependency between
"claws-mail" and its base plugins and the extras plugins in
"claws-mail-plugins". Claws Mail complains that the extra plugins
have been built against an old version.
http://bugzilla.redhat.com/740662

--
Fedora release 16 (Verne) - Linux 3.1.0-0.rc6.git0.3.fc16.x86_64
loadavg: 0.08 0.30 0.16