F17 vs. Pentium 4

Michael Hennebry hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu
Sun Apr 1 21:53:32 UTC 2012

On Sun, 1 Apr 2012, Michal Jaegermann wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 01, 2012 at 02:26:45PM -0500, Michael Hennebry wrote:
>> On Sun, 1 Apr 2012, Michal Jaegermann wrote:
>>

>> >menuentry 'Anaconda' {
>> >	load_video
>> >	set gfxpayload=keep
>> >	insmod gzio
>> >	insmod part_msdos
>> >	insmod ext2
>> >	linux  (hd0,msdos2)/boota/vmlinuz repo=hd:/dev/sda<X>:/<path_to_a_directory_with_an_iso_image>/
>> >	initrd (hd0,msdos2)/boota/initrd.img
>> >}
>>
>> Is there an equivalent in grub 1?
>
> Sure. It does not matter what a bootloader. The only important things
> are files to use and kernel boot options.  Just write yourself a
> corresponding entry and off you go.

I should have been more specific.
I suspect that module is the grub1 equivalent of insmod,
but load_video, set and even linux stump me.
The grub1 info manual doesn't give me much n the way of suspects.
In the case of linux, I strongly suspect that there is one.
I've often been told to type linux <options> at a boot: prompt.

> With older grub you do not write "(hd0,msdos2)" but "(hd0,1)" as this
> is not that specific but syntax details are not essential here.

whom I teach not to run with scissors,
that my fiance ran me through with a broadsword."  --  Lily