Repeated F17 gnome-shell crash, with fix

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Apr 5 17:45:48 UTC 2012

On Thu, 2012-04-05 at 13:05 -0400, Jonathan Kamens wrote:
> On 4/5/2012 8:06 AM, Jonathan Kamens wrote:
> > Have you confirmed that is the same crash and the same fix?
> Never mind, I checked and it is in fact the same crash and the same
> fix.

so I've had this bug on my radar but what I can't determine is exactly
what the reproducing conditions are, so - do you have
NetworkManager.service actually enabled? And if so, do you have any
interface being controlled by network rather than NM (NM_CONTROLLED=no
in its ifcfg file)? Thanks!

It seems like the trigger for the bug is to run Shell with NM disabled,
but I tried that in a VM and it didn't cause the bug, so I'm somewhat
baffled.