It must be said: the photo import app in F17 is the most intrusive annoying piece of sw I've seen

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 04:14:09 UTC 2012

On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 00:54, Ed Greshko <Ed.Greshko at greshko.com> wrote:
> So, I don't see what you are seeing.  What else have you installed?

Maybe shotwell is not installed by default on the livecd? I made an
install to hd of f17 beta (rc3).

Upon I got fed up with shotwell and removed it from my system, it
returned to the behaviour you are seeing, which is fine by me.

I guess in the end the point that should be made to shotwell devs is
that in any case if the program overrides the standard notifications,
then the program´s own notifications should not be just the two
current ones "Import pics, or eject" but rather also "open as
files"... (or I´d add, ´do nothing´)

FC

- George Orwell