automatically mounting physically attached media (was Re: Move from /media to /run/media/$USER)

Jonathan Kamens jik at kamens.us
Wed Apr 18 17:10:33 UTC 2012

On 04/18/2012 01:06 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> If you set a specific mount location for a device in that tool - i.e. in
> fstab - it will be used even if the device is connected after login.
Yes, I'm aware of that, but that's not what I want.

If it is the position of the Fedora developers that /run/media/$USER is
the right place for stuff to be mounted, and I don't have a particular
problem with that decision, then I want /that/ behavior, i.e., the
behavior that the developers think is correct, /with/ the F16 behavior
of the device being mounted automatically when I log in.

Why /shouldn't/ it act that way?

  jik