Karma needed for builds intended for TC1

Tim Flink tflink at redhat.com
Tue Apr 24 18:17:37 UTC 2012

On Tue, 24 Apr 2012 11:31:37 -0600
Tim Flink <tflink at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 24 Apr 2012 11:25:38 -0400 (EDT)
> Kamil Paral <kparal at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> > > So, we still need karma on pretty much all of those updates. I've
> > > built
> > > a test boot.iso to help with testing the installation related
> > > updates:
> > >
> > > http://tflink.fedorapeople.org/iso/20120424_f17-preTC1.x64.boot.iso
> > > http://tflink.fedorapeople.org/iso/20120424_f17-preTC1.x64.boot.iso.sha256
> >
> > Petr Schindler saw F16 logo in the installer, which is weird. Where
> > it comes from?
>
> I think that it's either part of anaconda or comes from fedora-logos
> but I can't remember for certain.
>
> Looking through my build logs, anaconda-17.22-1 and
> fedora-logos-17.0.0-1 were pulled in and I don't think that there is
> anything wrong with the image (famous last words ...).
>
> I'd try to verify but it doesn't look like that'll happen until the
> mirrormanager issues are worked out. I imagine that will be soon,
> though.
>
> Tim

Scratch that - it looks like a bunch of really old builds got pulled in
to that image and I was looking at other builds the first time I read
the logs. It's an odd amalgamation of bleeding edge and ancient (months
old) pacakges. I'm really not sure how that happened since I
re-downloaded all of the source packages when the image was built.

_sigh_ ... looks like I'll be doing another test image - maybe that'll
fix the EFI issue, too.

Tim