GIMP 2.8

Karel Volný kvolny at redhat.com
Mon Apr 30 12:27:39 UTC 2012

Dne Ne 29. dubna 2012 11:40:49, Fernando Cassia napsal(a):
> On Sun, Apr 29, 2012 at 10:25, Karel Volný <kvolny at redhat.com>
wrote:
> > So, feel free to join me with the moment of silence for the
> > good old GIMP that is just getting buried.
>
> I share your pain. I've given up on Linux image editors.
>
> For simple stuff (circling text on screenshots, writing text
> over them) I just install WINE and use good old Paint Shop PRO
> 5.0. It's from the age of Windows 98 yet works wonders for my
> needs.
>
> Google "PSP501ev.exe". It's damn small too.

which reminds me ... I want my pmail.exe back ... and irfanview
... oh, those early win95 days ... where is all the free software
that was able to do exactly what I needed to do (about the same I
need now) with hundreds times less resources?

many years of development passed, and kmail is still unable to
join divided messages ... and recently it has lost the search
ability, all I get now is the message:

'The Nepomuk semantic search service is not available. Searching
is not possible without it. You can enable it in "System
Settings".'

wohoo, back to trees, is pine still in repos?

> Another option is Java Image Editor.
> http://www.jhlabs.com/ie/index.html
>
> But sadly it bombs with OpenJDK, it worked fine with JRE. I
> keep forgetting to report the bug, I might do it now...
> FC

yes, please do that, report the bug if you like the software,
contribute to the development ... it's just that I don't like
GIMP any more ;-)

K.

--
Karel Volný