off to a nostart F18B start

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 1 04:21:18 UTC 2012

Getting to the initial GUI seemed to take forever. Once there, I started at
what seemed to be the beginning, upper left of the block of stuff in the
middle, expecting to have to tell Anaconda the PC clock is set local. Once in
time configuration, I find not only is there no apparent way to set clock to
local time, Anaconda thinks no NTP server is configured even though it seemed
to agree with my specification of us.pool.ntp.org, and there is a way to exit
time configuration. What's the trick to getting out of time config?
Oooohhhhhhhhhh, it's top left. Is there any other UI on the planet where
where a done or OK button is at the upper left?

Next, installation destination: it shows my HD with model number. I click it,
but nothing apparent happens. Oooohhhhhhhh, down at the botton below a desert
of whitespace, in mousetype, each click of the image alternately selects and
deselects several naked words instead of anything that obviously has anything
to do with the task at hand. So finally I figure out how to select a
partition, and when done specifying mount point and filesystem, the _prior_
partition has been set to / instead of the one I chose, and there's no way to
undo it!!!

At this point, Anaconda locked up, but I was able to goto tty2 and reboot.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/