FedUp just reboots

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Sat Dec 1 21:59:50 UTC 2012

On Dec 1, 2012, at 12:10 PM, Ville-Pekka Vainio <vpvainio at iki.fi> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a Lenovo Thinkpad T430 with EFI enabled and Fedora 17 installed. I tried to use FedUp to upgrade it to Fedora 18. The first problem was that the system for some reason had both grub-efi and grub2 installed, so FedUp's grubby call failed. I fixed that by removing the grub2 packages.

In my experience thus far, grub-efi, grub2-efi, grub2 can all co-exist on the same system as installed packages. If their bootloaders are installed well then that can get problematic. My expectation for an F17 to F18 upgrade is to be upgraded from grub-efi-0.97 to grub2-efi-2.00. And so far 2 is working equally well to legacy.

Chris Murphy