Anaconda Accolades

Peter Gueckel pgueckel at gmail.com
Sun Dec 2 00:42:29 UTC 2012

No need to comment. Just want to pass on experience to those up the
ladder.

1. Stupid 20-minute pause (waiting for a timeout?) before the
installation got underway.

2. My Intel ipw2200 wireless simply works! One configuration at
install time and it works for every boot. Wow!

3. I wasn't sure about the NTP exclamation mark, so I left it and
ran 'timedatectl set-ntp 1' after installation completed.
Hopefully, everything is correct.

4. The dumb "reclaim space" button threw me after I selected 'ext4'
and "let me customize disk partitioning", but it seemed the only
choice, so I clicked it.

5. I really liked how all of my OSes were detected: Fedora 15,
Fedora 16 and Fedora 17. I wanted to reformat the Fedora 15
partition, so I clicked it and it opened up to display a root and
swap. I entered / and reformat for root and left swap untouched (I
want F16 and F17 fallback systems to still be able to use it, so it
wouldn't be good to risk it getting a new label).

Conclusion: Despite the initial delay, all went swiftly and
smoothly, without a hitch.

Grade: somewhere in the B+ to A- range. Great job!