Rename anaconda to cryptoconda?

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 19:03:40 UTC 2012

On Mon, 03 Dec 2012 08:06:32 -0800, Adam Williamson wrote:

> On Mon, 2012-12-03 at 15:09 +0100, Michael Schwendt wrote:
>
> > The user interface for reusing mount-points from existing installations
> > found on the storage device(s) isn't pretty. It's also not too obvious
> > that reused mount-points move from an old installation to the new one only
> > if they are to be reformatted. E.g. "Swap" and "Root", but other
> > mount-points stick to the old installation, even if that one doesn't have
> > a system Root anymore. And that with "Apply Changes" one touches the new
> > installation not the old/unfolded one.
>
> Those aren't mount points: they're labels. Mount points are shown on the
> right. This is obviously confusing people, though.

I don't think so. The left half of the "Manual Partitioning" screen refers
to mount-points in at least three places, explicitly referring to using
the '+' below to create "mount-points". And what does it show there when
unfolding a '+' entry? Correct, it displays mount-points. Paths such as
"/mnt/storage". Yes, it also displays what might be the corresponding
partition labels, although it writes the first character of such labels in
upper-cases, e.g. "Storage" instead of "storage".

Btw, the mount-points it displays at the left side of the screen cannot be
copied/dragged to the right side, although there is a large ">" arrow that
apparently is there only to highlight that the left and right side belong
together. ;) I've had to type in the same mount-points on the right side
before clicking "Apply Changes".

--
Fedora release 18 (Spherical Cow) - Linux 3.6.7-5.fc18.x86_64
loadavg: 1.28 0.65 0.25