community etiquette (Re: Rename anaconda to cryptoconda?)

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 4 10:35:57 UTC 2012

On 2012-12-03 23:20 (GMT-0800) Adam Williamson composed:

> If you read the timestamps on the blog posts and design stuff we
> keep trying to persuade you to read, you will note that newUI has been
> under development for at least two years.

The results I found have been two years in the making? Yikes!!!

I don't recall you mentioning any blog in posts except
http://blog.linuxgrrl.com/, where I had to hit Ctrl-+ 5 times to read it, at
which point there was horizontal scroll with the browser fullscreen, and the
text contained in its Anaconda images remained a mere 1/4 the size of my
browser UI. The first date I found there was September 25, 2012, about 10
weeks ago.

> You do not appear to be making any effort at all to understand newUI

My effort has proven all but fruitless. When you posted that list of 5 new
bugs, I did formulate and begin a new plan. The obstacles to proceeding with
that plan further exhausted me and available time. If someone who has been
multibooting multiple machines with Linux since last century can't figure it
out in less than a day, how's the average n00b going to fare, or even a
non-n00b Fedora regular who is not also a regular testing participant?

As noted upthread, "this stuff is hard". All I need is what Mandriva/Mageia
provide via cmdline option readonly=1 to select mount points among existing
partitions, so maybe there's no reason for me to continue participating in
Anaconda partitioning testing or discussion any time soon.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/