Release criterion proposal: modify conflicts/dependencies criterion to cover all critical packaging errors

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Dec 4 17:51:05 UTC 2012

On Tue, 2012-12-04 at 13:17 +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
> On 12/04/2012 01:03 PM, Kamil Paral wrote:
> >> We agreed in principle at the meeting to amend the criterion to cover
> >> any critical packaging error. So I propose this wording:
> >>
> >> There must be no errors in any package on the DVD or release-blocking
> >> live desktop media which cause the package to fail to install. Such
> >> critical errors include, but are not limited to, undeclared conflicts
> >> (explicit Conflicts: tags are acceptable) and unresolved dependencies
> > I'm in favor of this new one.
>
> As am I

Thanks. The inclusion of 'live desktop media' is slightly tricky, I
should have unpacked that: it's basically impossible for a package to
get onto the live media if it's not installable, as it has to be
installed to build the media, but including the phrase gives us a
criterion to use when a package is blocking the creation of the live
media...