Final criteria/Test cases interconnection

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Dec 4 18:02:39 UTC 2012

On Tue, 2012-12-04 at 17:28 +0100, Petr Schindler wrote:
> Final release criteria:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_18_Final_Release_Criteria
>
> I went through all criteria and connect them to test cases. I found
> following problems:
>
> We don't have TCs for:
> * The release live images must properly support mounting and using a
> persistent storage overlay for the entire system and/or one for
> the /home partition, if such an overlay or overlays have been correctly
> written to the medium from which the image is booted

Should probably be added as a 'Base' test.

> * All critical path actions on release-blocking desktop environments
> should correctly display all sufficiently complete translations
> available for use - I don't think that this one is needed
> * All known bugs that can cause corruption of user data must be fixed or
> documented at Common F18 bugs - it doesn't make sence to have TC for
> this one.

Those two are basically 'on-demand' - it's hard to write a test case for
the translations one, and if we were to expect one person to go through
every translation it'd take forever.

> * No notices or alerts about pre-release status should be present -
> there is no TC for anaconda

Sure it's not in any of the existing test cases? Though you might be
right, since we've forgotten this in RCs in the past.

> * The release must contain no known security bugs of 'important' or
> higher impact according to the Red Hat severity classification scale
> which cannot be satisfactorily resolved by a package update (e.g. issues
> during installation)" - I don't think we need TC for this.

Yeah, another on-demand one.

> * A Package-x-generic-16.pngspin-kickstarts package which contains the
> exact kickstart files used to build the release must be present in the
> release repository. The included kickstarts must define the correct set
> of release repositories
> * The final branded release notes from the Documentation team must be
> present on ISO media and the appropriately versioned generic release
> notes must be available in the online release repository
> * A Package-x-generic-16.pngfedora-release package containing the
> correct names, information and repository configuration for a final
> Fedora release (as opposed to a pre-release) must be present on ISO
> media while the appropriately versioned
> Package-x-generic-16.pnggeneric-release package must be available in the
> online release repository

These could be combined as a single Base test.

> Obsolete TCs:
> * Hardware and BIOS RAID TCs -  Do we support those now?

Yes. Why would they be obsolete?

> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_dualboot_with_windows

Ditto?

> Other problems:
> * I'm not sure which network-attached storage devices are supported. We
> have only this

We probably ought to have at least an iSCSI test of some kind, we're
kinda constrained by hardware here though.