f18: Quick switching between gnome-shell desktop and some tty1 lets my box freeze

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 19:00:09 UTC 2012

On Tue, 04 Dec 2012 07:38:10 +0100, Joachim Backes wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm using kernel-3.6.9-1.fc18.x86_64 and a fully updated f18.
>
> Problem: If I switch bewteen the gnome-shell desktop and some tty
> (ctrl+alt+Fn) rather quickly, then it happens very often that after some
> time my box freezes if switching back from that tty to the gnome-shell
> desktop.
>
> Anybody has seen this too?

Well, I just gave it a try and lost this session. ;) Arrived at the virtual
console, switched back to X, but screen turnt black, monitor lost signal
and entered power-saving mode. System didn't respond anymore.

ATI Radeon.

--
Fedora release 18 (Spherical Cow) - Linux 3.6.7-5.fc18.x86_64
loadavg: 0.71 0.67 0.31